October college visits

Maggie Hendrix

The University of Chicago

Maggie Hendrix, Reporter

Colleges with visits in the college and career center this month:

University of Oklahoma – Wednesday, October 11 at 1:30 PM

Westminster University – Friday, October 13 at 8:45 AM

University of Chicago – Monday, October 16 at 9:30 AM

Centre College – Wednesday, October 25 at 9:15 AM

Johns Hopkins University – Wednesday, October 25 at 1:15 PM

For more information about these colleges or to sign up to meet with a representative, go to the College and Career Center (3505), or email [email protected] Students will receive “school business,” and a visit will take 30-45 minutes.

College Spotlight: University of Chicago, Centre College, and Johns Hopkins University

Located in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, the University of Chicago is a research university with about 6,000 undergraduate students and 9,000 graduate students. It is extremely competitive with an average New SAT score of 1540, and Forbes named it the best college in the Midwest.

Centre College is a private liberal arts school in Danville, Kentucky. Centre guarantees that students meeting its academic and social expectations will travel abroad, participate in an internship or research opportunity, and graduate in four years. 98 percent of students living on campus, and Centre is an entirely undergraduate college. It is lightly competitive with an admissions rate of 71 percent.

Johns Hopkins University is a research university in Baltimore, Maryland. While it is known for its particularly rigorous medical program, students may study international studies, engineering, or arts, among a number of other programs. Johns Hopkins is extremely competitive with an admissions rate of 13 percent.